Monday, May 14, 2007

Can You Handle the Freedom?

Someone said, “Freedom is the opportunity to choose what will enslave you.” I think they are right. Mission Catalyst chose a new slogan: Can you handle the freedom? Jesus said, “You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free… If therefore the Son will make you free, you will be free indeed.” I have heard many people say that they are glad they “have the truth” (as though there was no more to find). I have rarely heard people say they are glad they are “free indeed.” We thought of the slogan: Have truth, add freedom. Imagine being “free indeed.” God needs people today to do whatever it takes and to go wherever to reach lost people. That takes freedom. Can you handle it? If you can, you will find good company: Abraham, Jesus, and Paul. Abraham was free to go when God said, “Go!” Paul had the right balance: when it came to theology, he counseled with his brethren. When it came to methodology, in raising up new churches and in reaching the Gentiles, he made himself a servant only to those he was trying to reach: “Though I am free from all, I have made myself a servant to all, that I might win the more… I have become all things to all men, that I may by all means save some.” Mission Catalyst Network is about freedom. We want to help free, mission-minded people reach others for Christ. Can you handle the freedom?

Dennis Pumford
Assistant Directional Leader

No comments: